Our Heritage l Born of Necessity
Beautyscope was founded in 2002 by Steve and Heidi Katz who grew up professionally in the company culture of Davidson Beauty Supply. Steve was President of Sales and Heidi directed Marketing, Purchasing and Education. As a privately owned company, focusing on the beauty industry, Davidson was able to promote success through personalized, individual attention and education. Those principles still exist today.
In 2000 when Davidson was sold to a large, international conglomerate, Steve and Heidi could see that the company culture was going to change dramatically. Seizing an opportunity, they resigned and purchased a chain of 12 salons. It wasn’t long before they found that local beauty supply distributors were not providing the kind of personalized service that promoted salon success through product-supportive education, and personal attention that enabled their stylists to develop their craft while growing; a partner who could help with management skills, front desk training, brand development, and promotional guidance.
After 2 years of developing exclusive success programs for their salons from their vast experience, Steve and Heidi decided it was time to share what they had learned with other salons, and Beautyscope was born!
Our Mission is to provide independent salons comprehensive support to ensure their growth and success through the delivery of proven systems, meaningful education and high-performance, exclusive salon products which will result in personal and financial rewards for the salon professionals we serve, the vendors we represent and the family members we employ.
What We Offer
- Service to the Mid and South Atlantic Sates of DE, MD, VA, D.C., NC and SC.
- Face to face personalized service.
- Exclusive luxury and performance-driven brands.
- Aggressive education support both inside and outside the salon.
- An extensive team of Salon Development Consultants to guide and help you.
- Salon business and merchandising consultation.
- Salon promotional planning and guidance to maximize salon profits.
- A commitment to offer brands that utilize best practices in manufacturing, ingredients, and packaging.
- An ecommerce platform for easy ordering.
- A commitment to get your orders shipped out quickly and properly.
- A Salon Ecommerce store that salons can use.